What is the CDA Scholarship About?
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Rhode Island provides educational scholarships to the early childhood workforce working in licensed facilities. The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood scholarship program offers a variety of scholarship options. The CDA Assessment Scholarship provides financial supports to candidates to assist with the cost of the CDA assessment fee administered by the Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition. Recipients are eligible to receive a bonus upon attainment of the CDA Credential. At the present time, the CDA Assessment Scholarship is only available to candidates who complete the CDA Training program at the Community College of Rhode Island.
Download Applications Below
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- The candidate must have completed the CCRI Child Development Associate Training Program at the Community College of Rhode Island
- The candidate must have earned a high school diploma or GED (requirement of the CDA Council)
- The candidate must have completed at least 480 hours of professional work experience in the setting to which they are applying (requirement of the CDA Council)
- Work a minimum of 20 hours per a week in programs that are:
- Licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Human Services (DHS)
- approved to accept DHS Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- rated by BrightStars