T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Rhode Island provides effective strategies that address the education, compensation and retention of the early childhood workforce in Rhode Island.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Rhode Island recognizes the diverse educational backgrounds of the early childhood workforce and provides programs appropriate for early educators with no formal education beyond high school as well as those with advanced degrees. From educational institution capacity building to individual educational goals, T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Rhode Island can be a change agent.
Goals of Scholarships
- Develop and provide resources to increase the education, compensation and retention of the early education workforce in Rhode Island.
- Build partnerships for professional development.
- Reach the diversity of the field.
- Use and strengthen existing higher education.
- Collect, analyze and share data.
- Create educational pathways.
- Work to deliver high-quality, outcome-focused education.
- Think system, not program as we grow and develop workforce initiatives.
- Advocate for increased compensation for the early childhood workforce.
- Be accountable to funders, T.E.A.C.H. customers, the workforce, policymakers, and higher education systems.